WELCOME KEARNY KOMETS!
We the students of Kearny High School, establish this constitution for the Associated Student Body in order to develop an effective Student Government. A Student Government that will provide a positive campus atmosphere with spirit and pride. It will establish an organization which will encourage good citizenship, promote environmental and campus beautification, establish community relationships and sponsor social activities and events.
Kearny High School was established in 1941
and was named after General Stephen Watts
Kearny, who served in the U.S. Army at the
time of the War of 1812 through the War with
Mexico. Originally, it was a building in the
neighborhood where Montgomery Middle
School is located now. However, in 1953 it
relocated to the present location and the first
class started in 1954. This is why our address
is "1954 Komet Way."